Monday, February 2, 2009

The Steelers won the Superbowl AND there are great shows this month!? Too much!

After so much hype, so much build up in Pittsburgh for the Super Bowl, waking up this morning was inevitably going to be a bit of a come down.

I came, I saw, I petted a riot police horse.

I'd say Bruce was the most exciting part of the game, but honestly, few things were, and ever will be, more entertaining than watching gigantic James Harrison chug down the entirety of the field to score a touchdown, then collapse out of sheer exhaustion.

But alas, I vowed in the post below that I'd never blog about sports (something I know as much about as, say, my mother knows about cutting edge music. No, Dan Fogelberg is not hip), and so I digress.

Were I to have written this post a month ago, it'd be pretty bleak, but February is shaping up with some great shows to go with the laughably awful shows. See if you can pick which is which!

2/8 School of Seven Bells @ Carnegie Mellon: Great!
2/13 Legendary Shack Shakers w/ O'Death @ 31st Street Pub: Folky!
2/14 The English Beat @ The Rex: Still alive!
2/16 Ben Folds @ Club Zoo: Fantastic!
2/17 Delta Spirit w/ Other Lives @ Brillobox: Lovely!
2/19 Eagles of Death Metal @ Mr. Small's: Kick ass!
2/22 Tapes 'n Tapes w/ Wild Light @ Brillobox: Woo!
2/24 Dark Star Orchestra @ Carnegie Library Music Hall
2/25 Avenged Sevenfold w/ Buckcherry & Papa Roach @ Petersen Events Center: Why, god why?

And, finally, the month ends with a night of "How Can I Decide Which to Check Out? I'm Only One Man"

2/28 Tokyo Police Club w/Ruby Coast @ Mr. Small's Theatre
AND
The Dig @ Thunderbird Cafe
AND
Jason Isbell w/ Deer Tick @ Club Cafe
AND
Ben Kweller w/ The Watson Twins @ Diesel

What to do, what to do?

In the meantime, here's a hint at which way I'm leaning right now:

No comments:

Post a Comment