Sunday, March 1, 2009

Ben Kweller's "On My Way"


I do love Pittsburgh, but sometimes, damn it, I hate the tools that give it a bad name.

Ben Kweller's Diesel show last night was filled with gorgeous country-pop ditties about how much he loves his wife Lizzy, lots of flannel and, unfortunately, lots of cat calls for Kweller to take off said flannel.

Maybe the most baffling comment of the night was, "Ben! You are a rock god! You and Ben Lee! And Youth Group!"

The above drunken asshat was likely naming all three musical acts that he knows, oddly enough including Australian Death Cab for Cutie copy Youth Group.

Kweller handled the heckling like a true Southern gent, but it was obvious that the Pittsburgh hospitality was grating on him.

Nonetheless, the show was stellar and everyone left feeling like they'd just sat around a campfire in July. Perfect.

Check out "On My Way," one of Kweller's most adorable songs. And I mean that sincerely. Dude's music just makes you want to cuddle.

Ben Kweller "On My Way," Club Diesel in Pittsburgh, 2/28/09 from Justin Jacobs on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment